Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spheres of Influence

I wrote these lyrics when I first really met one of my best friends, Valerie. She used to love using this star projector and the night we met (at a party) we were talking a lot and she decided to bust it out once it began dying down. We were lying down and I was inspired greatly by it; I wrote this entire set of lyrics in one sitting on my smartphone. Based on yesterday's events, it seems exceedingly pertinent to the situation. Anyway, check it out, this is "Spheres of Influence."

Colliding, burning spheres of influence
Wandering about the vast unforgiving quadrants of space
And time
Moving about in cold, uncalculating trajectories
The random nature of the universe breaking apart the monotony of everyday life-
Or so it is called

The fabric of existence
Torn away from its path
Painting an unpredictable, immaculate image on the canvasses of our minds
Twisting what little truth there is present-
Wringing it out of the collective knowledge

Weaving baskets of wonderment of human straws
Shaping the willing minds of doomed generations
Empowering those with the thirst for education
Yearning for the desire-
The desire to learn.


I have already posted this to Facebook before, by the way. It just REALLY meshed with me right now. This has been enough blogging for one night, though. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment